The doctors and staff at this practice are committed to providing high quality healthcare and services to patients. If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the practice, please do let us know. We operate a complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints.

How to complain

It is best to tell a member of staff about any concerns or problems as soon as they arise so that we can try and sort them out. If, despite this, you still wish to make a complaint, please let us have the details of your complaint by writing to the complaints manager, at west green surgery as soon as possible so that we can investigate what happened. It helps if you can provide us with as full a recollection of events as possible.

write to 

c/o complaints manager
West Green surgery
590-598 Green Lanes 
London N8 0RA

Or you can fill in a complaints form at reception. They will explain the complaints procedure and make sure that your complaints are dealt with you promptly. You need to make your complaint within 12 months of the incidence that caused the problem or within 12 months of discovering you had a problem related to a specific incident.

What We Will Do

We will contact within three working days of receiving your complaint and discuss the time scales for a response. We will aim to offer you an explanation as to what happened and even a meeting to discuss with the people involved.

We will look into your complaint to:


Investigation / response

The surgery will acknowledge receiving your complaint via SMS/telephone or email typically within 7 working days of receiving it or at the time of it being handed in. the practice will try and establish the facts and investigate and may take upto 28 days to provide a response. 

On occasions this may take longer ie upto 3months if it is a complex case. Sometimes there may be a delay than 28 days due to the practice prioritizing on COVID19.

Complaining on behalf of someone

Medical records are protected by the Data Protection Act 1998. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we need to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable of this

If you cannot write the letter

The NHS Complaints Advocacy Service Voiceability, can provide free impartial support when you are making a complaint if you cannot write the letter. They can help to draft or write a letter or arrange interpreting services. Their website: Their staff will aim to try and sort out complaints and can make inquiries on your behalf.

If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint, you can contact North Central London Integrated Care Board on 020 3198 9743.